Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Video Reviews

I know I said I was going to review some of the videos from the BlogHer Bar above.  Well, there is bad news about that and there is good news. I'll let you pick which one you want to hear first....

The bad news? Ok. (I always pick that one first, too!)

The Mandarin Salad that I tried from the video selection was the pits. I am not even going to link to it. Here is my advice if you are interested in a mandarin salad: buy a bag of baby spinach, some mandarin oranges, some pre-made candied, sliced almonds, some oil and vinegar and done. Don't jump through hoops to make your own candied almonds because the first batch will burn your spoon like this:
 and the second batch will clump up into little brown clusters of sugar and you will be so pissed off. 
Better yet? Go to the farmers market and make a salad out of the seasonable veggies they have there.  Put a handful of pistachios on top with some olive oil, red wine vinegar and salt and pepper? You're welcome.

Now for the good news. This is really good news.
The video up there about the "movable dinner party" is stinking hilarious.  Go watch it. And afterward, go check out the blog Bon Appetempt. She is the genius behind the video and her blog is a food-find, to be certain.

Me watching Bon Appetempt watching Ina. 
There you have it. And in case you are have low-level-cuteness disorder, this should fix the problem:
Pippi on Day 2


1 comment:

Recreate and Decorate said...

Ha love your take on mandarin orange salad!
Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...