Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Announcement + Lunch

Are you in a cooking rut? Are you sick and tired of all of the same old meals that are coming out of your same old kitchen to feed to your same old kids? Yes, you said? Well you're in luck! (Not with the kids - you'll have to keep them.  It looks like an orphanage around here already.)

Me and my blog, As I See It, have partnered with the BlogHer network to bring you a series of food-related videos so that you have some fresh, new ideas of how to get those Ooooooh's! and Ahhhhhh's! that you deserve when you bring food to the table.

That's right, sister. You deserve it.

Just check out the ideas in the top left corner of your screen. Watch them and enjoy. Tell me if you find something great.  Tomorrow I will be previewing the Spinach and Mandarin Salad with Caramelized Almonds from Show Me the Curry.  This is going to be fun.

Now for the "Lunch" part of this post because all that jazz above made me hungry.

This is where the peanut butter sandwich sort of goes to LA and gets all glam and fabulous. I give you, my own creation, the Peanut Butter Veggie Wrap.  Here is the cast of characters:


Egg Roll Wraps
Peanut Butter
Matchstick Carrots
Cilantro
Bibb Lettuce
Alfalfa Sprouts
Lime
Sriracha
Vinegar of your choice (Rice wine would probably be better, I'm out)
Salt

This one is pretty self explanatory.  You take the egg roll wrap and put a knife full of peanut butter down the middle. This works twofold: first, well, it's delicious; and second, all the veggies stick to it and don't slide around.
Because I don't like my veggies to slide out the back of my wrap!
Then start layering your veggies. I did it in this order:
cilantro
lettuce
sprouts
carrots
Then you pick your flavors. I chose salt, vinegar, and sriracha. You could do lime, soy sauce, honey, teriyaki, basil.... endless choices.
Then I rolled it up and ate it standing up while helping Josh with his book report. It was so good that I made another, took it outside and ate it sitting alone on the back deck. That second one was better. 

Enjoy, alright?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...