Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

2 = The Hardest Number

This year has been tougher than I thought it would be. I wasn't looking forward to Josh starting school (in truth, it broke my heart...) but I thought the silver lining would be more time.

Time.

Precious time. A commodity that I can never seem to get enough of. There is always something to do: Dress, cook, departures, showers, clean-up, crafts, cook, clean-up, naps, commute, homework, clean-up, cook, clean-up........ you get the idea. I thought that getting one of the little ones out of the mix would free up some time during the day. Nope.

Instead, I spend them morning with both little ones - then littlest goes down for a nap and Michael wants to spend "special time." I feel so guilty about putting him in front of the boob tube while I get some of my stuff done.

So today, I have Josh home from school and while the littlest is napping, the two boys are PLAYING TOGETHER! I have a moment to be alone? Weird. Fantastic.

This is why I think 2 kids is the hardest number. I thought it when I only had 2 kids - and I am revisiting the notion now that I only have 2 kids in the house during the day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...