Monday, September 14, 2009

My Cute Maternity Shirt

So I have this really cute maternity top that my mom sent me a couple of months ago. It is one of those things I probably would have never have bought for myself but I really love it. It is made of the softest cotton, black, with ruching on the side, and it is completely see-through. I typically wear it with a colored tank top underneath and something dressy on the bottom. I guess what I am trying to say is that it is not just a run-of-the-mill tee shirt, it's cute.

This afternoon while the kids were doing homework, I threw in a load of whites into the washing machine. As I did this, I realized the tank top I was wearing under my cute maternity top was white and could use washing so I slipped it off, popped it in the washer, and put my top (don't forget the see-through part) back on. I mean, hey, we were alone in the house, right? Nobody here would even notice. I set about doing the rest of the dinner-homework-laundry shuffle. The kids went outside to play once they were done.

About an hour later, when it was time to collect everyone I leaned my head outside to tell the kids to come in. I saw the mother of a neighbor pass by, someone I don't see often, but really like. I waved and ran out to the street to say hello. We had a short and friendly conversation - I could tell she was distracted - she was looking everywhere but at me. I let her go and came inside with the kids.

And then I remembered: I was standing outside in a bra and a see-through shirt, completely oblivious.

Seriously.
I am losing it.

3 comments:

Emily J. said...

It could be worse. One time I remember talking to a friend of Dan's while nursing one of the kids, who filled up and pulled away without me noticing - or covering up . . .

Sharon Kieffer Steele said...

hahahahahaha!

carina said...

Hi,

You have a nice blog. A 40-week pregnancy is really just a blip in our whole life time, but the problem with clothing during that time is very painful. Keeping this in mind, two best friends and mother of two children each started http://www.bellybundles.com. We have high quality maternity clothes there and we would like to hear your feedback on our products.

Thanks,
Carina - Maternity clothing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...