Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Home Early

I shouldn't be on the computer right now. I should be in the forest with my family on our last campout for the year, and perhaps next year, too. One hour ago, that is exactly where I was. It was glorious. The weather was perfect, crisp and cool. We had a fire blazing and the kids were in the cabin telling funny stories. Picturesque? Charming? Yes. All of those things.


We had to leave when we walked into the cabin and heard Annie coughing and audibly wheezing. Scared us half to death - what is it? Cold? Flu? H1N1? Asthma? We have no idea, but we do have prednisone at the house, so the decision was obvious. We had to leave.

So now I am snug in my bed, watching Noggin with Annie (she seems fine), eating saltine crackers and banging away on the laptop. We'll probably go back to our campsite tomorrow morning and have breakfast and hang out, provided that the prednisone works and the wheezing stops. Want to know a secret? This is how I prefer to "camp" anyway. Eat, play games, roast marshmallows, make a fire - go home to sleep - return in the morning after a shower and eat, hike and play more games. Don't tell Grant or the kids.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...